About Learn Manga with Misako
Learn Manga with Misako is a safe and creative community for kids 7 to 11 years old who want to learn to draw, or who love drawing in manga and anime style!
Live manga lessons are scheduled twice a week: Tuesday 6:30pm EST and Thursday 5:30pm EST.
You can choose either class!!
Why You Should Join Me
You get to learn manga from a Japanese manga artist with years of experience.
You’ll get behind-the-scenes insight into manga and graphic novel publishing.
You’ll be inspired and motivated by other kids like you.
You’ll be part of a strong, welcoming community for members who love manga and anime.
You’ll improve your drawing skills -- and boost your confidence, too.
About Misako Rocks!
Misako Rocks is a Japanese manga artist living in NYC who’s published several manga books all over the world. Currently I'm working on a graphic novel, Bounce Back, with Feiwel and Friends, an imprint of Macmillan!
I also teach manga classes at The Chapin School and The Hewitt School in Manhattan.
What students say about Misako's manga lessons
- "I can’t believe I have been taking classes with Misako for 3 years. I love class because it is so fun learning new techniques and Misako helps me with things that I mess up with so I get better at them. I think Misako is a really nice and great teacher!" - Leila (8 years old)
- “Leila’s time with Misako is priceless to me. Not only does she teach her drawing techniques that help her put her flowing ideas on paper and alleviate her frustration, but the time they spend together giggling and making jokes is especially what makes Misako the special person she is.” - Leila's mom
- "Misako's manga classes are always super fun and I feel like I can be myself. I always look forward to them every week." - K. (6th grade)
"Manga classes with Misako are lots of fun. Misako has taught me for a long time, she is so generous with sharing what she knows and she is full of energy." - L. (6th grade)
- "I love Manga with Misako because we draw something different every time and I’ve learned how to draw people better every time. I get better and better every time we have a class." - Elle (8 years old)
- "My daughter’s favorite class she’s ever taken is her manga art class with Misako. She looks forward to it week after week and it taught her drawing skills and creativity that she hasn’t learned anywhere else. Misako is an energetic, engaging teacher that my daughter loves." - Elle's mom
Important guidelines before you sign up!
I need your help to make Learn Manga with Misako a fun, friendly and safe place.
Here are the guidelines:
Be supportive. Be nice to your fellow members. When you comment on other people's post, give them positive feedback! This is not a place for criticism or judgement.
Share generously. Your stories may be exactly what another member needs to hear today.
Be constructive. We’re here to support and encourage each other.
This is a friendly and welcoming community. I can't tolerate any unkindness, criticism, or bullying here. If I see any of that, you will be removed from the community immediately and can't rejoin it.
Are you ready to have fun?
Attention: This community is for age 7 to 11 years old. If you are 12 and up, unfortunately you are not able to register.
When you make an account, please put your first name and last initial only!